Around Campus and at Mass
Welcome to Queen of Peace Catholic Community! Whether you are a new member or have been around for years, you are an important member of our parish family and we’re delighted that you are here. As you will see, there are many opportunities for you to become involved in parish life. Whether you love to sing, garden, meet and welcome others, serve the poor, assist at Mass, work with children, or want to learn more about the faith, there is a place for you here! You’ll find descriptions of our ministries along with the contact information for the team leader. There are many choices and time commitments are varied so there’s sure to be something that’s a fit for you.
Where are the church offices located? The church offices are located in the Fr. Flannan Walsh Hall directly to the east of the church.
Where are the church restrooms located? Restrooms are located in the main lobby of the church. The women’s room is to the left and the men’s room is to the right as you enter the main front doors to the church. There are also small unisex restrooms located in the family areas next to the nursery and near the Gift Shop.
Is there available seating for families with small children? Two areas behind the glass at the back wall of the church are available to families with children who need a little extra attention during Mass.
Is a nursery available for my children? Our Co-operative Nursery is available at the 10:00 Mass for walking toddlers through age 3. Due to diocesan requirements, space is limited and the nursery is not available for drop-in’s. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
General Mass Considerations
- In consideration for all, please turn off all cell phones or put them in silent mode, before we begin Mass.
- Assisted hearing devices are available. Please ask an Usher if you need one.
- Two immune-suppressed rooms are available in the back of the church for anyone whose health re-quires a more isolated environment for Mass.
- If you have difficulty approaching the altar for Holy Communion, please tell an Usher and Communion will be brought to you.
- If you would like to have a Mass offered for someone, or if there is someone you think we should pray for during the Mass intentions, please call the church office.
- Our book of prayer intentions is located by the blessing bowl in the main entrance of the church. You may write your prayers and concerns and they will be brought to the altar during Mass.
- The Adoration Chapel is available 24 hours a day! Visit the church office to get a key for after-hours access to the chapel.